Please note: Postal Center Holiday Hours
Wednesday, November 25th - 8:30am - 2:00pm
Friday, December 4th - 8:30am - 11:30am
Thursday, December 17th - 8:30am - 12noon
Friday, December 18th - 8:30 am - 2:00pm
Closed Monday, December 21st through Friday, January 1st
The UCSD Postal Center is a retail convenience center operated by Mail Services and located at Price Center East on the 1st Floor (map).
- Mail packages and letters to U.S. and international destinations.
- Ship packages or letters using UPS or FedEx.
- Rent private mail boxes. Boxes are available to anyone with a picture identification for a 6-month or 1-year rental period. Fees:
- Small box: $7/ month
- Large box: $10/ month
- Buy stamps and mailing supplies.
- Buy occassional and seasonal greeting cards.
- Deposit stamped mail weighing less than 13 ounces in the collection box. The last pickup is at 3:45 p.m.
- Drop off used writing instruments as part of the "Writing Insturment Brigade"
Note: Due to limited space, the UCSD Postal Center is not a pickup or drop-off point for intra-campus or department index mail (except for Postal Center box holders).
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Deadlines for mail to go out the same day:
- Regular USPS: 3 p.m.
- Express USPS: 2 p.m.
- FedEx or UPS: 3 p.m.
- VISA or MasterCard
- Personal check, made payable to U.C. Regents and with proper identification (such as a valid driver's license)