UCSD Postal Center (Price Center East)
April 25, 2012 5:02:19 PM PDT
Read about the hours and services offered at the UCSD Postal Center in the Price Center.
The UCSD Postal Center is a retail operation located at Price Center East, Room 1502 (map).
- Mail packages and letters to U.S. and international destinations.
- Ship packages or letters using UPS or FedEx.
- Rent private mail boxes. Boxes are available to anyone with a picture identification for a 6-month or 1-year rental period. Fees:
- Small box: $7/ month
- Medium box: $10/ month
- Large box $15/month (dependent upon availability)
- Buy stamps and mailing supplies
- Deposit stamped mail weighing less than 13 ounces in the collection box. The last pickup is at 3:45 p.m.
Note: The UCSD Postal Center is not a pickup or drop-off point for intra-campus or department index mail (except for Postal Center box holders).
The Postal Rate Commission and the Board of Governors from the U.S. Postal Service made the decision to increase postal rates for certain types of mail, effective Apr. 17, 2011. For more information on the new rates, see the U.S. Postal Service site.
- Academic year: Weekdays, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Summer: Weekdays, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m
- VISA or MasterCard credit or debit cards
- Personal check, made payable to U.C. Regents and with proper identification (such as a valid driver's license)
Note: This page has a friendly link that's easy to remember: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/postoffice