In the right place? If your shipment weighs over 30 pounds, contains hazardous material, or contains items other than documents bound for a foreign destination, UCSD Shipping must process it. Students, see Student Mail Services.
How to send international mail
- Address standards for international mail: When addressing international mail, use these USPS recommendations for destination and return addresses.
- International mail country codes: You may need an international country code for your international mailings or various forms. See a list of countries and their codes on this page.
- How to complete USPS Customs forms 2976 and 2976-A: International mail is subject to customs examination in the destination country. Learn how to complete U.S. Postal Service (USPS) customs forms 2976 and 2976-A.
- How to send a FedEx international package: Find out how to send a FedEx international package through UCSD Mail Services.
- How to send a UPS international package: Find out how to send a UPS international package through UCSD Mail Services and recharge the cost to your department index.
- How to send USPS international mail: Find out how to send U.S. Postal Service (USPS) international mail through UCSD Mail Services and recharge the cost to your department index.