April 24, 2012 4:01:53 PM PDT
As of 6/30/12, it will be important for University employees responsible for buying items on behalf of their department to have the appropriate tools to allow them to do their jobs efficiently and effectively. The right Marketplace shopping role combined with an Express Card are the two primary tools that every responsible department buyer should be equipped with.
The Express Card pairs with Marketplace and is designed to simplify buying and paying for infrequent, low risk, and lower value purchases under $4999. Additionally Express Cards are necessary for purchases that fall outside the normal Purchase Order circumstances. A complete outline of the benefits and features of the Express Card can be found here.
Important Features of the Express Card:
- Per transaction limit amount is $4,999
- Monthly cycle limits are $10,000. Cards cycle at the 15th of each month
- Accepted by all Suppliers that take VISA
- Although you must select an Index to default on the Express Card, both Index and Account codes can be changed or split before costs hit the ledger. This can be done by the Card’s Administrator or anyone designated as a Transaction Reviewer, using the EC Manager tool.
- To get started with requesting an Express Card, find out who your Express Card Department Administrator is. Check with your business office or email the Express Card team.