The UC People Management Certificate is for anyone who currently manages or supervises people or aspires to manage people. It is designed to increase our people management capabilities at UC San Diego as well as across the entire UC system.
The curriculum includes core and elective courses covering the following competency areas:
- Performance Management
- Managing People
- Administration and Operations
- Change Management
- Builds baseline management skills for all people managers
- Increases opportunity for promotion and potential for future leadership positions
- Offers easily accessible eCourses that are learner-centric and self-paced, or a combination of eCourses and Instructor-Led Training (ILT) courses
- Builds on coursework already completed
All courses are available in the UC Learning Center. The specific courses for UC San Diego include a combination of systemwide eCourses and local ILT classes. In order to obtain a People Management Certificate, you will need to complete a Core Courses sequence and 4 Elective Courses (one from each competency).
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
Download the Coursework Grid (PDF).