Upcoming Skillsoft Live Event
The Culture Map: Breaking Through the Invisible Boundaries of Global BusinessMonday, October 24, 2016, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
In this talk, Erin Meyer offers a highly practical and timely perspective on one of today's most pressing business issues: how do different cultures influence the way to do business when working globally? Even those who are culturally informed, travel extensively, and have lived abroad often have few strategies for dealing with the cross-cultural complexity that affects their team's day-to-day effectiveness.
How to view the live event:
- Log onto Skillsoft eLearning
- Click "Live Events" on your left
Take 10 Campaign
Learn about the Take 10 Campaign.
Help Guides for SkillSoft
- SkillSoft Access Guide (PDF)
- Search Guide (PDF)
- Save Resources to Personal Learning Plans Guide (PDF)
- SkillSoft Community Guide (PDF)
- Books 24/7 are now integrated into the Skillsoft environment (no additional separate login required)
- The UC Core Competency Model has been mapped to various suggested resources available through SkillSoft (courses, videos, books and LIVE events)
- Featured topics are tied to some of our Learning Road Maps and will cycle through on a regular basis
- Interactive navigation links are located at the top of every Skillsoft page (see the FAQ document link below for further information)
- At-a-glance TO DO list link that displays all saved resources that have due date assignments (books, videos, live events).
- Enhanced ability to perform smart searches and detailed filter options to focus those search results
- Re-designed book, video and Live event viewers
- Enhanced Skillsoft community social networking features to allow sharing and evaluation of resources
- The Mac platform is truly supported
For more detailed information on the new look of Skillport, usage of the site, and help videos, use the Quick Links link on the Skillsoft What’s New home page as well as the extensive HELP link on the site.
These resources will also help you in navigating the new site and accessing the many enhanced features and resources:
- Getting Started Guide (PDF)
- Quick Reference Card (PDF)
- Skillsoft Catalog (web-based) *Please note that it does not contain the book resources
We will be continuing to add features to the portal (10 on 10 campaign, SkillSoft Community site, Learning Programs, Learning Road Maps resource mapping), so watch for these coming enhancements which will enrich your professional development experience at UCSD.