About the program
UCSD career employees receive priority consideration for referral to vacancies.
The payroll titles below will automatically fall under the internal recruitment program, however, currently all PSS level position are eligible for this program by department request. MSP positions are reviewed on a case by case basis by Human Resources for this program.
- Assistant III
- Administrative specialist
- Assistant through senior administrative analyst
- Administrative coordinator
- Student affairs officer I-IV
- Programmer analyst II
How it works
- Career non-probationary employees are eligible to apply and receive priority consideration for referral to the hiring manager.
- Only eligible qualified employees are referred during the internal recruitment posting period for priority consideration.
- Referrals for priority consideration can be made if three or more qualified individuals apply. If fewer than three internal candidates apply, the external applicant pool will also be considered.
- Recruitment will close without consideration of external candidates if the hiring manager selects an internal candidate.
- The Internal Recruitment Program applies for new postings only. If the position has been reopened, UCSD career employees will be considered as regular candidates.
If you are a current UCSD career employee:
- Go to UCSD Jobs and prepare your Profile at the My Profile section. In this area, you can upload a customized resume and cover letter.
- On the Profile tab, select "yes" for the question, "Are you a career/ permanent UCSD employee who has passed your probationary period?" This identifies you as an internal candidate.
- Apply for vacancies on the UC San Diego's job site by clicking the Apply Here tab on the right-hand side of the job listing.