Basic requirements for blood donors
- Be in generally good health and feel well
- Be at least 17 years of age (no upper age limit)
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Eat a good meal and drink plenty of fluids before donating.
- Bring picture identification: driver's license, school ID, passport, or military ID. The San Diego Blood Bank requires proof of identification for all donors.
- Bring your donor ID card, if you have one.
Certain medical conditions, prescription drugs, and other criteria may affect your ability to donate blood. Get specific information at the San Diego Blood Bank website.
To schedule an appointment, or for more information, call the San Diego Blood Bank, (800) 4MY-SDBB (800-469-7322), or go to the Blood Bank website.
Walk-ins are welcome; however, appointments will be honored first. When scheduling an appointment, please provide sponsor code: UCPC. You can earn points for each blood donation and shop online at the Donors 4 Life Store for gift cards, movie tickets and much more.
Donors can give blood every 56 days.
Upcoming blood drives
The San Diego Blood Bank will hold blood drives at UC San Diego on the following dates in 2015:
|Mon, Sept. 21
Tue, Sept. 22
Wed, Sept. 23
|10 a.m.–3:30 p.m.||
Bloodmobile on Library Walk
|Tue, Oct. 27
Wed, Oct. 28
Thu, Oct. 29
|10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.||Bloodmobile on Library Walk|