Recognizing the benefits of breastfeeding and in compliance with state law, UCSD provides employees who are nursing mothers with a private space and a reasonable amount of time to express milk. For more specific information, read the Lactation Accommodation Policy (PDF).
State law requires the university to provide space close to an employee's work area where she can express milk in private. This can include private offices or lockable meeting space. Restrooms are not considered appropriate spaces. If you need lactation space:
- See Lactation Facilities for a list of rooms that UCSD currently offers. Or visit UCSD Maplink and enter "lactation" in the search box.
- Register for the Lactation Program and UCmom Room Reservation System using the online Lactation Registration Form. For registration related questions, comments and concerns, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (858) 534-9659
- If there are no established lactation spaces near your work area, ask your supervisor about locating a suitable space.
- For help obtaining workplace accommodation, contact:
- For general lactation help, contact Lactation Service, UC San Diego Health System, or see the San Diego Breastfeeding Coalition
- For additional lactation or other health education materials for students, contact:
- Student Health Service, Health Education, at (858) 534-2419