Employees can take regular, Summer Session, or UCSD Extension courses at a discount, or attend low-cost or free seminars through Staff Education and Development.
Staff Education and Development manages, designs, and delivers training and development programs for the campus.
Educational benefits offer reduced-fee enrollment or discounts on UCSD courses.
The UC Learning Center provides online enrollment in Staff Education and Development courses.
- Link directly to the Self-study library for resources that were formerly available from within Enrollment Central.
Career Connection assists with career planning, goal setting, job enhancement, and mobility:
Financial assistance is available for UCSD staff and department career development training:
- Staff associations
- Staff Equal Opportunity Enrichment Program
Professional Development: A Resource for You offers tools and resources to plan your professional development.
Self-directed learning allows learning at your own pace through online tutorials, CD-ROMs, and videos.
Summer Session offers courses to enrich your education and complete degree requirements, as well as travel study programs.
Training programs occur throughout the year, offering opportunities to learn and develop professionally:
- Middle Management Advance
- Administrative Professionals Development Program
- UC Business Officer Institute
- UCSD Business Leadership Forum
- Management Skills Assessment Program
UCSD Extension presents an array of courses, cultural events, and networking forums.