TES places employees who have clerical, administrative, service, technical, and other specialized skills in departments that have temporary staffing needs.
Assignment locations include:
- UCSD campus
- UCSD Medical Center located in Hillcrest
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Thornton and Veteran's Administration Hospitals
- UCSD satellite locations
Temporary employment offers competitive salaries and incentive award programs, excellent benefits, a variety of assignments and locations, opportunity for skill enhancement, and exposure to career opportunities at UCSD.
How do I apply?
- Review the temporary employment pool vacancies.
- Follow the application procedures for staff employment at UCSD and check the Temporary Employment interest box on the resume supplement form.
What is the hiring process?
- Applications are screened on an ongoing basis by TES' placement coordinators.
- References are checked on previous and current employment and on all UCSD positions held by each applicant.
- If positive references are obtained, applicants are invited for a formal interview and skill testing. Data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, and typing skills are assessed after the interview.
- Individuals who are selected for employment must attend a new-hire orientation for temporary employees, after which they become active members of the temporary pool.