To immediately access the tool and bypass this information, go directly to the UCSD Job Bulletin.
The UCSD Job Bulletin is updated on a daily basis, with a 2-week minimum posting period. Listings with "Open Until Filled" indicators can be closed at any time. Employees on layoff status wishing to exercise their preferential rehire rights are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Job Bulletin categories
Jobseekers can easily check for vacancies in their areas of interest by linking to any of the following categories:
- New jobs — Jobs in all categories that have been posted in the past 7 days.
- Administrative Professional — Exempt and non-exempt positions with responsibilities for the administration and management of university operations in academics, research, and business; includes all analysts, accountants, buyers, and management services officers.
- Administrative Support — Clerical and administrative support services in all areas of the campus; payroll titles range from Clerk to Administrative Assistant III.
- Engineering and Technical Professionals/ Technicians — Development engineers, architects, environmental health and safety professionals and technicians, and engineering aides.
- Executive and Management — Executive, managerial, and senior technical-professional positions in the Senior Management and Management and Senior Professional Personnel programs.
- General — Retail, child development, and jobs not included in other categories.
- Health and Patient Care — Positions providing patient care in hospital and outpatient settings; include licensed and certified healthcare workers such as physicians, nurses, physical therapists, and psychologists.
- Information Technology — Applications programmers, network administrators, database administrators, Web developers, software engineers, systems analysts, and computer support technicians.
- Publications and Media — Writers, editors, artists, illustrators, public relations/ events coordinators, TV and theatrical production professionals and technicians.
- Research Technicians and Laboratory Assistants — Research technicians in medicine, marine science, life sciences, and physical sciences; primary payroll titles include Staff Research Associate and Laboratory Assistant.
- Seagoing Ships Crew — All marine trade titles that require a Merchant Marine license.
- Services, Trades, and Safety — Grounds, food service, physical plant, safety, and trades positions.
- Student Services — Student life, residential life, student services, academic counselors, and related paraprofessional titles.
- UCSD Institutional Partners — Non-UCSD positions located at UCSD; applicants must apply directly to the employing entity.
- UCSD Internal Recruitment — Career employees applying from this category will receive priority consideration in referral.
- UCSD Temporary Employment Services — Find out about temporary employment services at UCSD and how to become a member of the temporary employment pool.