The Catastrophic Leave Donation Program allows the continuation of salary and benefits for an eligible employee who has exhausted all paid leave due to:
- a catastrophic illness or injury (applied to disability waiting period)
- caring for a catastrophically ill or injured family or household member
- the death of a family or household member
- a catastrophic casualty loss suffered due to a terrorist attack, fire or natural disaster
The program relies on the donation of vacation leave by the employee's colleagues.
Apply or donate time
To apply for catastrophic leave or learn about donating your vacation leave, see:
Click here for program procedures including definitions and eligibility criteria.
- DisAbility Counseling and Consulting at (858) 534-6744 for questions regarding return to work accommodations and rehabilitation-related services
- Benefits at (858) 534-2816 for questions regarding short-term or other disability benefits coverage
- Faculty and Staff Assistance Program at (858) 534-5523 for support and counseling