Courses are taught by subject matter experts from campus units and by independent contractors. Users can choose to view course information alphabetically, topically, via curriculum options, or by month that the course is offered, as well as search by course name or date.
The UC Learning Center offers access to more than 150 courses, organized into topics that include:
- Information technology
- Financial tools and practices
- Contract and grant administration
- Health and Safety
- Leadership and communication
- Training and career development
- Supervision and management development
To enroll in a course, you must log in. To log in, you need:
- Faculty and staff: either your Business systems or Active Directory (AD) User ID
- Students: your PID
- Affiliates: your Business systems User ID as assigned by your sponsoring department
- All: your password (PAC for students)
After logging in, be sure to check your Profile to make sure that your email address is correct. The link to your Profile is in the Quick Links drop-down box at the left side of the page. At that time, you should also use the browse button on the Profile page to identify your manager/supervisor.
Most instructor-led courses, and all web-based courses, are free of charge. For courses where there is a fee, it can be paid by departmental recharge or by personal check. If you are paying by check, make it payable to "UC Regents" and send it to Mail Code 0922. Your enrollment status will be "pending" until payment is received. You will be notified by e-mail of your updated enrollment status.
Statement of responsibility
You will be asked to indicate that you have received permission from your supervisor to enroll and to recharge the cost of the class, if any, unless you wish to pay by check. You will be responsible for updating your supervisor regarding any enrollment status change.
Enrolling in courses
You may select as many courses as you wish while completing the step-by-step enrollment process. You and your supervisor will receive course enrollment status information via e-mail after enrollment is completed online.
You can cancel your enrollment by following these steps:
- From the Training Schedule page, select the check box next to the activity you wish to cancel.
- In the Task list, select CANCEL REGISTRATION.
- Click GO.
- Click CANCEL MARKED to confirm your cancellation.
The UC Learning system is not fully compatible with IE 10. For full access to all UC Learning components, click on the "broken page" icon at the far right of the address bar (it looks like a torn piece of paper). For instructions on how to permanently set up your computer to access UC Learning in compatililty mode, check out the Blink page Compatibility Mode for UC Learning IE10 Users.